Tuesday 23 April 2013

Nicknames

So I always remember in School I hated my name!


 I know nobody really likes their name, but I always wanted a name you could shorten. But no my parents stuck me with Claire. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice name (no offence to any other Claire's out there) but in junior school I just wanted something that could be made into a cool nickname.

You'd have your Rebeccas who could be called Becca, Bex, Becky. You're Louises called Lou, Nicola to Nicci or Nick, Charlotte to Char or Chaz, even your Francescas to Frances, Franny or Fran. Me, I was stuck with either just Claire or, the unfortunate (but which everyone thought was really clever) Claire Bear...Hmm...imagine my disappointment.

Sad to think about it now, but I think most people just wanted that shortened version of their name, because it was somehow cool and popular. I tried many times to think of ways to shorten mine, but as I'm sure you can imagine, all failed! Then I tried getting people to call me by my name spelt backwards erialc, yes, that failed too. Quite glad it did, thinking about it now.

I know a lot of people hated the way their names were shortened, but I used to think, you lucky so and so! I used to think my name was old fashioned and boring, but i think that's just the names in my family in general. Claire Elizabeth, Paul Matthew, Thomas James. Think we sounds quite good together now, like a victorian family, HA!
Moral of the story, just love the name your given, it could always be worse!

Yes I am still to this day called Claire Bear by most people!

Does anyone else have some cool nicknames to make me envious about? Lol

x

No comments:

Post a Comment