Thursday 29 August 2013

August Faves

I love reading/watching Monthly Favourites so I figured why not hop on the bandwagon and share some of the things that have been top of the list this month!






Huge apologies to those of you who read my blog and await posts, admittedly I have been a teeny bit lazy with my blog. This is due to planning for my holidays, buying all the bits and pieces needed and the plan is to save it all until a little nearer the time to film my first video for you all. This will also be included in a blog post too :)! I've also had a little bit of bloggers block! Annoying or what?! I'm sure those of you who have encountered this will agree that it is one of the most frustrating things, but I'm back on track now.

So after that little updated ramble, here are my Faves for August:

The first thing I've been loving is Garnier's Moisture Match- £3.99.
Garnier has 5 of these moisturizers to choose from depending on you skin type;
Goodbye Dry, Start a Fresh, Shine be Gone, Protect and Glow, Wake Me Up.
I purchased the Shine be Gone due to my 'delightful' oily skin in summer :/ . I was dubious at first but wow, what an amazing little moisturizer! You only need to apply a small amount to cover the whole face and neck. The cream has a slightly grainy texture to it and one applied instantly makes the face feel fresher and removes even the slightest trace of oil. I am tempted to buy them all!




Next up is actually something I was given by my neighbour. She had bought it but it was too dark for her skin (Thank you neighbour :) )
Maxfactor Face Finity 3 in 1 Foundation- £11.99
I never would have normally purchased this myself, but it is brilliant! It is a primer, concealer and foundation in one! Honestly what more could you ask for. I have this in the colour Golden75. It gives the most amazing coverage, I would say it's a medium coverage but you can layer it up to create a fuller coverage. I wear this on a daily basis for 8/9 hour shifts and it literally lasts ALL day without budging! Definitely a matte textured foundation so if you prefer your dewy glow I wouldn't recommend this.



Third up is Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof- £7.99
This was an impulse buy as I've tended to be using Benefit They're Real lately, but it has now dried up and i just needed a cheap mascara. I have heard mixed reviews about this mascara but i think it is fabulous! I have long but very straight eyelashes and this just curls them beyond belief and it holds the curl all day. It is a huge pain to remove, you'll definitely need more than just makeup wipes to remove every scrap of it, so I'd recommend using a sweep of Bioderma over the eyes and you should be sorted! This is by far a perfect mascara if you want that length, curl and separation for those fluttery lashes. I know I do!




Last but not least is actually a bag I bought online for my Holidays next month.
Brown Fold Over Cross Body Satchel £25,
I wanted something that was compact but not too small, and this beauty popped up on screen. I love the mix of tan and black colours and the bonus is that it is a fold over bag. So once it is opened up fully, it is huge! The few gold accents on it also make it feel a little more expensive then it actually was which is always a good thing :P. This is perfect for if you want something a little more compact but you can still fit plenty inside.




What are your favourites for the month of August? 
Anything you can recommend for me to purchase for September? :)

Love Love

xx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment