Monday 1 July 2013

The Final Finished Dress

Hello, hello :)

Just a quick update..



As previously mentioned, I have been busy slaving away making a Prom dress. I say slaving, but it was an enjoyable process really. It would have been finished ages ago if it wasn't for all the individual pearls I had to hand sew onto the bodice. Once the last bead was stitched it was literally a hallelujah moment, I was so relieved, as were my poor hands. I have now decided NEVER again will i sew that many (over 1000) beads onto anything!

Other than the bead experience, I had a great time making this dress, and now I need to prepare myself for 3 more next year (without the pearls :p ).

So without further to do, here is the finished piece...






She looked lovely on the day of the prom :) and I'm really happy with how everything turned out.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment