Sunday 15 September 2013

Ian Stuart Designer Day Look

Hello beautifulings!
Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

So yesterday at the Bridal Boutique we had a designer day! One of my faavee days! What is this you ask? Well...


It's a day where a bridal designer sends/brings in numerous dresses from their new collection for girlies to try on (and hopefully order). These dresses are only in the shop for the weekend and it is just such a lovely day.

Yesterday it was Ian Stuart day!! He is by far the best Bridal designer in my eyes. If you haven't heard of him before you are missing out big time. 

He designs and creates fabulously beautiful dresses with an extravagant but stunning twist. He uses amazing and unusual fabrics, colours and gorgeous embellishments to create fabulously unique dresses. The absolute wedding dress god!
Check his collections out HERE

Yesterday we were showcasing the new 2014 collection Frill Me! Check out the catwalk pictures HERE

So as it was a special and exciting day I thought I would share with you my hair, makeup, nails and outfit!


Hair
So with my hair I simply curled it before I went to bed and brushed it out in the morning to leave plenty of volume and texture. Then I just backcombed some of the front sections of hair and pinned them back to create a pretty but simple half up half down do :)







Makeup
My makeup is my day to day makeup. A nice dark smoky eye, using a mixture of colours from my Sedona Lace pallet, Avon black gel eyeliner for my cat eye flick and Maybelline the rocket volum Express waterproof mascara. I'm also wearing Maxfactor 3 in1 foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte powder and Barry M Blusher.








Nails
I recently purchased some new nail varnish and it's this little beauty! Seventeen Rock Hard Couture Nail Effects. It hasn't actually got a name or code, but to me it looks exactly like when the sun shines on fresh snow and it sparkles :D








Outfit
Most of my clothes are packed ready to take on holiday with me, so after a rummage I picked out this lace topped dress with pinky red chiffon skirt. I bought this from Primark for £12. Unfortunately when i washed it, the colour from the skirt ended up dying the lace part. (The lace used to be Ivory, it is now a pale pink colour) Not impressed but it's still a cute dress.
I have teamed this with leggings (because I am soooo cold) and Navy Spotty slipper style shoes that I previously featured in another blog post.






So Saturday was a very long but enjoyable day! We made plenty of girls wedding dress dreams come true, and we got to look at some pretty damn fabulous dresses!
(Sorry there are no pictures of the day, as I was working I didn't get the time to take any).
Hope everyone's had a fabulous weekend so far :)

Who likes the Ian Stuart dresses? Are they your kinda thing?

Claire
xx :)

(All links are in pink)

No comments:

Post a Comment